When we got home from Boston, reality started to set in. We have to plan a wedding.
My head was spinning not only because this amazing thing just happened in my life but I was also set to start my new job! To add to both of those really BIG things, I had 2 half marathons that I was training for (Wineglass Half & Urban Bourbon). My freelance business was thriving and I had just signed on a new client and I also had my coaching business. If that wasn’t enough, I was planning a brand new program for the bank called Reverse Mentoring that involved senior leaders of the organization.
Some would say, “You have too much going on”. But the reality is, I thrive on staying busy!
So as we settled back into our routine, I instantly went into organizing and planning mode. How was I going to get it all done? How was I going to be an engaged millennial managing my relationship, working a full-time job, freelancing, coaching, and working on my health?
The Ideal State
- The training part was easy, run or cross-train every morning before work so that my evenings could be spent focusing on other things.
- My coaching business I would focus on in the morning, 4:30 am wake-up calls would quickly become my best friend.
- Freelancing, any freelance clients I take on know I work a full-time job. I have agreements that I need a 3-5 day lead time on any deadline; as well as, most of my social media clients are all okay with being pre-scheduled. So I would focus on myfreelance clients during the weekend.
- Planning the wedding, I knew we had to first nail down the date and venue, nothing else could really be planned until that point. So that is what I would focus on first.
- The new job, although there was a lot to learn, I knew if I took it day by day and just stayed present in the moment that I would start to catch on.
- Reverse Mentoring was going to be the piece that I knew would challenge me. Bringing together 12 Senior Managers and 12 Mentors was going to be no easy feat but I knew this was going to be something I was really proud of if I could pull it off. Thankfully, I had an amazing team behind me helping me, every step of the way.
As much as I have tried to keep things orderly since becoming engaged, that has not always been the case and certain things have become out of balance.
- My half marathon training has been great and I have made it a priority. I know I am ready to take on Corning with my sister in 2 days and then Urban Bourbon after that.
- My coaching business has been the piece that has unfortunately taken a backseat. As I have been w12-week up a 12-week training cycle for running, I have had to lessen the BOD workouts that I am doing. I have not been as active with my coaches or my challengers but I am ready to jump fully back into it once half marathon training is officially over.
- Freelancing has been going very well. Focusing on completing as much as I can on the weekend has made things easier for me.
Wedding venues are a struggle! The reality is in Buffalo, the engaged millennial boom has created a booking problem with engaged millennials all fighting for the same venues. Brian and I want to get married during the summer and were hoping for 2018 but it is looking like we may be waiting until 2019. We will see how this all pans out and I will definitely keep you posted. Our goal is to have a date and venue picked out and confirmed by the end of October, hopefully, that sticks. We do have a courtesy hold on our favorite venue for May 25th, 2019 and are 3rd on the waiting list if something opens up (highly unlikely).
- The new job is going well, I had a few travel and recruiting commitments that I had made prior to accepting the new role that I just wrapped up and now I am ready to jump into the role fully.
- We are launching Reverse Mentoring to the bank on October 24th and things are going well. The team I have is truly inspiring and I cannot thank them enough. I am looking forward to the official launch party!
As the races approach, hopefully, the balance continues in my life although I am sure things will continue to lean one way or the other throughout October! Life, just like yoga is all about balance.