Finding Time for My Personal Health in 2017

 It is not always easy to find “me” time to take care of your personal health but it is so important! We are all over-extended, over-scheduled, and frankly just trying to do it all. Whether you are a parent, college student, working in Corporate America, or maybe all three, I know what it is like to feel like you have no time to workout. When we are busy the first things to go usually have to do with our own personal health and I am here to tell you, it is critical for you to make time and all it takes is 30-minutes a day!

I may seem like the girl who has it all together but if you have been following my blog and Instagram for a while then you know, I do not. I miss my goals, I miss deadlines, I don’t always make the time to workout (or at least I didn’t), I definitely don’t always eat healthy, and frankly, there are days I just break down. But at the end of the day, that is life. Thankfully, in June of 2017, I found something I didn’t know I was missing and that was my team.

Missing the Team Concept

As I spent time living life in the real world (beyond college), adjusting to living with Brian, transitioning to coaching high schoolers from playing basketball in college, bouncing from role to role at M&T, I always felt likeI was searching for something.

In early 2017, I had stumbled upon a fitness account I loved.  I loved the personality, the story and the honesty about real-world struggles, life and love, and personal health. This account, got me thinking, why was I so off track? Why were there so many mornings I choose to press snooze rather than get up and go to the gym? What really got me, was her way of sharing her team. The friendships she had made on her fitness journey. It was so raw and honest. I started looking more into her world and by June, I decided to take a step into it officially. As I thought more and more about it, I wanted to join her and I wanted to be a part of her team. I realized my missing puzzle piece was the team environment that I thrived in!

The Here and Now

When I made the decision to join my coach on her journey and start my own, I wasn’t sure what to think. I was not in it for the sales, just in it for personal health reasons and enjoying my journey to better health and fitness. What I didn’t except was to make so many genuine connections with women. Talk about women empowerment!

  • I am inspired every day to love my body
  • Inspired every day to eat right 85% of the time and splurge the other 15%
  • I am inspired every day that I wake up willingly at 4:30 every Monday through Friday (even on my days off, with a few exceptions) to work out via virtual video chat

It is crazy how much this community has changed me for the better. I am more focused in my personal life and professional life than ever before. I didn’t expect that coaching would help me in other areas of my life outside of fitness. Seeing the other women on the team make big life decisions, inspired me to make some of my own. The biggest was that I made the decision to move into a career I truly wanted to be in. There is much more to come on that in another post but for now, the last 4 months of making the career change have been incredible. I feel inspired to go to work in the morning because each day, I wake up and spend some quality time working on me first.

Are you needing a little accountability in your life? Want to start 2018 off feeling great? Send me an email or comment below (comments are private for things like this). Or connect with me on Instagram! I can’t wait to talk to you about you joining our team.